Final ASK Queries
I suppose my “Hope” post should have been worth about a dozen of these question memes, but I have this in my queue …
40. If you were paid one million dollars to spend the night in a supposed haunted house, would you do it?
I’d spend a week! As long as I was sheltered from the outside elements of Mother Nature and had food and drink, I have no fear of the supernatural.
41. If you could trade places with any person living or dead, who would you trade places with?
Great question!! I would love to look into a mirror and see Liz Taylor’s face looking back at me. Back in her National Velvet days, not her Michael Jackson pals dotage. Or Jennifer Lawrence and be so young!! But my top choice would be Sally Ride. How amazing to have been able to go into space!
42. If you could shorten your life expectancy by ten years to become more attractive, would you do it?
Silly question. No.
43. Whom do you admire and why?
I admire the poet Mary Oliver. Her poetry is very simple and resonant, it’s about nature and what it tells us about ourselves.
44. What was your favorite bedtime story as a child?
I really cannot remember bedtime stories. I do remember the Wind in the Willows, though.
45. You’re walking down the street, you come across a burning building. A woman says her baby is trapped inside, what would you do?
Wonder why she hasn’t gone in to rescue her baby. (Some of these questions make me go hmmmm.)
46. If you could choose the future profession of your son or daughter, would you?
No. I am very proud of myself for letting them completely inhabit their own dreams and desires. They have driven me insane as well, but I choose that rather than make their choices for them.
47. What was your best experience on drugs or alcohol?
Listening to music while stoned in college, live or recorded, is always my first memory of drugs and alcohol. I can also remember watching a movie with two friends and it was so funny awful, we were laughing so hard we could hardly breath and all three of us realized if we didn’t turn the television off, we would die.
48. What was your worst experience on drugs or alcohol?
Watching a movie with two friends and it was so funny awful, we were laughing so hard we could hardly breath and all three of us realized if we didn’t turn the television off, we would die. No, seriously, on a different occasion, I swear someone must have doctored a drink of mine because for the next hour or two I was on a thoroughly uninhibited high that scared my friends concerned about how I was behaving. I kept my clothes on—I wasn’t that far gone but close—until I was forced to take a cold shower to sober up.
50. As you’re walking down the street you find a suitcase full of money sitting next to a parked car, would you take it?
The suitcase would have to be open for me to know money was in it, right? But the gist of this premise is, would I take something that doesn’t belong to me? No. Would I get involved to find the owner of the suitcase or in some way to ensure the money wasn’t stolen? How would I know the money wasn’t already stolen? I can live with the kind of regrets that go with walking on than what might occur if I got involved.
51. If you found that a close friend has AIDS, would you still hang out with them?
Of course. I would hope I am a good enough friend that he or she would trust me with that information and know it would change nothing.
52. In front of you are 10 pistols, 5 of which are loaded. If you survive you’d receive 100 million dollars. Would you be willing to place one to your head and pull the trigger?
No. My life is fine. More money would be nice but not essential.
53. How old were you when you lost your virginity?
I made it through high school and lost it in college, um, at 19? And married him after we graduated. Yes, statistically that is on the other side of the bell curve from a sex pervert, and I’m quite comfortable being that kind of perv. I’ve been incredibly promiscuous in SL and have been a sexually active widow in first life as well, but nowhere near that virtual scale.
Topless Tuesday photo opportunity! Taken three years ago, before twerking was a word.
54. Do you believe in ghosts, werewolves or vampires?
No but that doesn’t mean I can’t be afraid of them when walking a darkened street at night!
55. If you could live forever, would you want to?
Only if I could return to my 20s first and then stop aging. Otherwise, fuck it. I think the Afterlife is going to kick ass, so bring it!
56. Which fictional movie character most resembles who you are?
Torn between Barbarella and Salt. (Pic is from 2008!)
57. If you could go back in time, which time period would you visit?
My first reaction is why would I want to go back to a time where a woman has even fewer rights? But if I were a ghostly visitor? Hmmm. I would be amazing to go back to Bethlehem and experience first-hand the greatest story ever told. I’m not that much of a history buff to be able to discern what other time periods would hold my interest, or impress readers with my choice, so let’s leave it there.
58. If they were to televise a live execution, would you watch it?
No, absolutely not. I don’t need to see one to know it’s not right to do it.
59. If you could be the president of the USA, would you be willing to do it?
It would have to be a different political climate than the present. I would want to be effective and what I would want as POTUS would not fly with the present Congress. It would be exhilarating and frustrating and exhausting experience, I am sure but with the present lack of compromise going on, it would only be endless frustration.
60. If you could choose the sex of your unborn child, would you want to?
I’ve had my boys. I would want a girl! Yes, yes, yes!
61. Would you rather live longer or be wealthy?
As long as I could afford to live longer, yes, I’d prefer that. OTOH, having wealth would be tempting to fill a shorter life with the ability to really see and experience the planet.